Learn how to choose a roofing contractor westchester ny that will meet your needs whether you want to replace or repair your roof.
With the right roofer comes the appropriate roof.
You entrust a roofer with your family’s safety when you hire them. Finding a local roofer you can trust is crucial, and we at GAF are aware of this.
Determine roofers to consider first
- Obtain recommendations from friends, relatives, and neighbors in your area.
- Pick a local contractor if at all possible.
- Look up ratings on the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
- Visit bbb.org to see what other homeowners have reported to that organisation.
- Make sure the manufacturer is certified.
Before issuing the factory-certified certification, GAF annually confirms contractor licences (where needed), insurance, and years in operation. Verify a GAF Factory-Certified Contractor’s certification here if you’re thinking about hiring them.
Get assurance from a GAF expert.
You can be sure you’re hiring the best in the business when you hire a GAF factory-certified roofing contractor*. Only 2% of roofing contractors in North America hold the yearly renewed GAF Master Elite® certification. Additionally, every GAF-certified contractor provides the GAF Lifetime Roofing System, which gives improved protection, and has access to additional warranties that are supported by GAF. The contractor must possess this qualification in order to:
Properly licensed and insured
For your safety, so you may slumber soundly understanding that you are covered.
- $1,000,000+ Liability Insurance
- Employee compensation
- Where necessary and appropriate, a state license
- Reputable and reliable
- Has a reputation in your neighborhood for offering top-notch roofing services.
- Satisfactory record with the Better Business Bureau
- Experian’s credit rating is good.
- Very experienced
- Up to date with the most recent techniques and technologies, ensuring professional installation.
- GAF certified and trained
- High evaluations of job satisfaction for property owners
- Able to provide the GAF warranties that are strongest
Next, limit your options.
You might begin with a limited list of businesses using recommendations from friends and neighbours, online searches, and roofing company advertisements. You can narrow it down with the use of a phone call and some thoughtful inquiries.
Questions to ponder when calling
What city are you in?
Choosing a local contractor enhances their capacity to respond swiftly to problems that can emerge throughout or after installation.
How long has your company been around?
Selecting a reputable business can assist assure front-end quality and after-sales support.
Do you hold manufacturer certifications?
Before issuing the factory-certified certification, GAF annually confirms contractor licences (where needed), insurance, and years in operation. In fact, only 2% of roofers in the United States meet the requirements to be named GAF Master EliteTM Contractors.
Can you cite any examples?
To view their work, you can ask for recommendations and the addresses of recently finished projects. Additionally, it is wise to read online reviews (Google, Better Business Bureau, etc.)
Are you duly licenced and covered by insurance?
Factory-certified roofers must have at least $1 million in liability insurance, workers’ compensation, and any necessary state licences, according to GAF.
How have you changed to the social distance rules?
Ask them how they will provide a precise quote and high-quality installation without entering your home and about their entire process.
What is the warranty on your work?
No matter who instals your roof, the manufacturer of the roofing materials normally provides a warranty on the supplies, but the roofing contractor typically provides its own warranty on the workmanship. Individual roofing contractors typically provide workmanship warranties that are good for a year or more. A Master Elite® roof installation westchester ny can provide extended warranties that cover both the GAF Products and labour and are supported by GAF.
Take a position.
You can talk about additional particular issues to help you choose the best business for your roofing installation after you’ve whittled down your list and invited a few roofing contractors to your property to provide you with an estimate.
Home questions to ponder
- Local laws and regulations
- Who will apply for the license?
- Are license fees included?
- Will you perform an inspection both before and after the job is completed?
- How many options do you have for shingles?
- Are they mentioned with the name of the manufacturer and brand?
- What guarantees do you have?
- Can you describe the differences between the available product options (such as the construction, texture, and UL fire rating)?
Budgets and payments
- Do you provide free quotes? (Estimates are frequently provided without charge; however, be sure to enquire beforehand.)
- Does the estimate include the brand and colour of the product?
- What are the terms of payment? (Typically, one-third of the price is paid up front. Anyone who wants you to pay for it all up front should be ignored.)
- How does one pay you? (Pay using a check or credit card; avoid using cash.)
- How do I cover the deductible on my insurance? (Any contractor who promises to do the work without requiring you to pay your insurance deductible may be engaging in insurance fraud and/or endangering your safety. More advice on dealing with insurance can be found here.)
Inspection and purging
- Will you be cleaning up every day?
- How will they make sure that there are no stray nails or other objects in your yard or house?
- When and by whom will the job be inspected?
- How far in advance is the roofer scheduling?
- How long will the project take in days?
- What might contribute to scheduling delays?
- Exists a no-later-than completion date?
Read more: click